Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Words

Words are the dress of thoughts; which should no more be presented in rags, tatters, and dirt than your person should.--Philip Dormer Stanhope

How do you answer tough questions?  How do you respond when offended?

In the Christian circle grace is mentioned often.  "God's grace is sufficient" is often quoted usually in the context for doing a job or tolerating a personality. Something a friend said recently caused me to evaluate my behavior in light of grace.  The mark or evidence of grace in your life is demonstrated by how you react to a person or situation that offended you.  Question is: were you gracious?  Was I gracious?  

I'm not the type of person who speaks everything that crosses my mind.  I filter.  However, I don't think the fuming thoughts I harbored could be excused even though I didn't express them.  The quote above is apropos.  I spend time and effort to make myself presentable.  The words that I speak should be selected with greater care than the clothes I wear.

Clothes make the man.  Naked people have little or no influence on society.--Mark Twain (http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/253.html)


No comments:

Post a Comment