Thursday, October 6, 2011

Waiting


Time and waiting.  We wait for time to pass, and we wait for time to come.  We're always waiting for something.  If we learn not to mind the waiting, then we'll enjoy life so much more.

At the end of waiting comes the long anticipated moment.  It's just a moment.  That one moment that also passes.  They all pass, the good and the bad.  At the end of that moment begins another waiting process, but in that space between 'the end' and 'here we go again' is the sadness of departure.

I've always been the kid who took the ending of a good moment so hard.  I fretted about it hours before the end arrived.  I tormented myself by wishing it wouldn't end.  Rather than enjoy what happened, I sorrowed over it ending.  So when I saw this quote, it was like spokes of sunshine.  I have a new perspective.

Don't cry because it ended.  Smile that it happened.

How about that?  Rather than lament, celebrate and savor the memories.

This past Labor Day holiday a dear college friend came to visit me.  I enjoyed every moment of her stay, and we had lots of fun.  It was sad to say good bye, but we made new memories to revisit--new silly memories to relive and laugh over them.


Trying on hats and masks...yes, I did too, but those pictures are on her camera

No comments:

Post a Comment