Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Somewhere...

The first time I flew on an airplane I was five.  I wore a brand new blue dress my mother bought for the trip.  

I still prefer a window seat.  Once we ascend into the clouds I love staring out the window and getting lost in my thoughts.  



It seems easier to do that on a plane than during an office break.  No matter where I go during break I am constantly aware that I am grounded to the office.  The scenery, the sounds, the faces are all reminders of my location on earth.



Sometimes there is no escape being on the ground.  Rush hour traffic bottlenecks, and I'm among drivers who are more impatient than me.  We're all trying to get somewhere...and quickly.  



If I could be anywhere right now, right at this moment, I would be flying somewhere above the clouds.  Just for a moment...to be able to escape the ordinary...and view life from above.

No comments:

Post a Comment