Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Quick Skillet Marinara Sauce

With the day behind me I opened my pantry and contemplated a box of pasta.  Inspiration hit and I knew then what to make for dinner.



INGREDIENTS

Box of angel hair pasta
Package of grape tomatoes (cut in half)
Half a sweet yellow onion (diced)
Six fat cloves of garlic (chopped)
Dried oregano
Dried rosemary
Salt & pepper
Olive oil

...

This morning I jotted down a few things regarding frustration.  Advice that I would give to myself and pass along to my children.  

Do not fester in frustration.

That is time wasted.  Channel that energy to do, plan or contemplate something positive.  

When you surrender your morning to negativity then you have just relinquished control of your day.  By control I do not mean the ability to prevent all mishaps, accidents and anything else you did not plan.  What I do mean is the control you have over your outlook and expectation you set for the day.

Frustration is manipulative.  Things, people, circumstances, happenstance may all zap you with it; but only you can give frustration its power to affect you.

Shake it off.  If frustration is caused by something you cannot change, why waste any more time or energy on it?  Let it go.

Set a course for yourself.  Begin with when you wake up in the morning.  Determine not to let the petty stuff deter you.  Your day and well-being is too precious for that.  Set a good intention for your day.

You are alive, and this new day is full of possibilities and creative ideas.  Do not allow frustration to mark you, rather leave a mark of purpose and joy.

...

Mid-morning I texted my friend: I am quite happy today.

She replied: Enjoy happiness!

That piece of advice to shake frustration off made a difference.  I felt more alert and energized.  As a result I was able to focus on projects and enjoy my work.  

AND...dinner was DELICIOUS!

PREPARATIONS

Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.  




Sauté onions and garlic until onions become fragrantly sweet and golden.  



Add tomatoes.  



Season with oregano, rosemary, salt and pepper.  



Cook until the tomatoes melt.  



Spoon sauce over a bed of angel hair pasta.  Add some grated parmesan cheese.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment