Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Change

All changes are more or less tinged with melancholy, for what we are leaving behind is part of ourselves.--Amelia E. Barr

I hadn't viewed change from that perspective before.  To me change has been the cattle prod that shooed me out of my comfort zone.  Sometimes it's unchartered territory (in more sense than just geographically) that would cause me to obsessively run multiple scenarios of how the change will unfold or affect my life.  Sometimes its arrival is too sudden for me to anticipate the possible outcomes.  Sometimes it's good, and sometimes it sucks.


It is not the strongest species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the ones most responsive to change.--Anonymous (http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Change)


Change can strengthen you.  It can also test how strong you are.  



1 comment:

  1. I've always looked at change in the same way you used to as well. Change and me were never the best of friends. This year has been a year of massive changes so I've been out of my comfort zone up until the point I decided to accept and embrace it. The quotes you mentioned are so true. Since embracing and welcoming change I feel like I am finally moving forward.

    Thank you for sharing these today. :)

    ReplyDelete