Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Thwarting Frustration...with a Hamburger


Yellow.

I intensely like the color.

It reminds of autumn and golden leaves, warm summer sunshine and happiness.

Courtesy of National Geographic







Courtesy of National Geographic

To me YELLOW is HAPPINESS.

Courtesy of Tiffanys





Courtesy of JessicaIllustration on Etsy
Do you ever feel frustrated at times for not being able to write what you want to write?  There's a million things running and shoving inside you to be expressed, but somehow you're not able to type it out.  Sometimes I feel so boxed in.  So hampered.  I can't write what's on the surface, because people don't want me to write about it.  No, it's not confidential information.  It's things that I'm dealing with, going through, processing.  I could write vaguely about it, but it would be just that: VAGUE.  

So here I am, sitting before my computer, racking my brain to write about something when the thing that is so before me cannot be mentioned.  I guess I could write about frustration.  

No, I'd rather not.

I could tell you about Friday.

Early afternoon Friday, after completing work and a round of errands I craved a hamburger--not just any hamburger, a specific one.  Let me preface by saying only on rare occasions do I crave a hamburger.  This happened to be one of them.  

The day was gloriously sunny, and even though it was after the noon hour traffic was pretty thick.  Perhaps the population decided to take a personal day and enjoy this last taste of lingering summer weather.  Kincaid's was not on my errand route.  The craving persuaded me to go the extra mile.  

Upon arrival I almost turned around and abandoned the idea.  The parking lot was completely full.  Granted, a massage parlor and a nail salon shared the strip the restaurant was located, but I've never seen it so busy.  Then again I never visited the establishment on a golden Friday afternoon.  Usually my friend and I would stop by during the middle of the week, and we had not been back in a long while.  That day, however, I noticed there was a back parking lot.  Well, in that case I decided to stop.

Inside was not at all busy as the full lot had me believe.  There were no people standing in line at the counter to order food.  Families and couples were already seated at tables happily dipping their fries in ketchup and wiping their mouths.  I ordered my favorite, a junior bacon cheeseburger with everything but lettuce, and  a side order of French fries.  Within minutes I had a bag in my hands ready to feast...at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment