Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Homemade Pop-Tarts

Came home from work and decided this was the day to make those strawberry pop-tarts I saw in Bon Appetit.


I got started a little late in the evening, but they are now baking in the oven.  I can already smell the aroma.  Instead of strawberry preserves, I used my mom's organic homemade plum preserves.  What I did was I grabbed the wrong jar. Oops.  Nevertheless, I was quite curious as to how the tarts will taste with Mom's tart and sweet preserves.


At 10:30 p.m. the pop-tarts are done.  A bit of the preserves did leak, but not a whole lot.  The baking time was considerably less than what was instructed in the recipe.  While the pop-tarts cooled, I boiled water for my French press coffee.  By 10:40 p.m. I was happily enjoying the fruits of my labor.  YUM!  The day ended on a sweet note.  












No comments:

Post a Comment