Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Morning Commute



My feet were soaking wet by the time I crossed the parking lot to my car yesterday afternoon.  I wore open-toed shoes with 3-inch heels...not expecting a torrential downpour.  The rain came at me sideways so that my umbrella sheltered my head, neck, part of my back and that was pretty much it. Hence this morning when I awoke to the sounds of rain splashing angrily against my windows I knew there was no way I would step out of the house in heels.


It rained hard.  So much rain arrived that all the water on the roads didn't know where to go.  Highways were flooded...side streets were flooded...residential areas were flooded.  I had to turn around because the road that lead to my office was flooded.  Needless to say, the ho-hum morning commute was not boring today.



Waiting in traffic...along with everybody else


Side view of rain on my window...and the gas station


A friend at work gave me this 
itty-bitty cluster of
Champagne grapes

No comments:

Post a Comment