Friday, November 5, 2010

National Novel Writing Month 11.2010

NaNoWriMo
It's November and it's the National Novel Writing Month.

Eeek...

The goal of NaNoWriMo is to compose 50,000 words within 30 days. That's an average of 1667 words a day.  Last year I started on the project but ended up quitting after three days.  This year I had good intentions to jot down ideas and draft an outline of a story to write beforehand.  That didn't quite happen.  

Just the week before I was in a car accident.  An elderly gentleman pulled into the intersection I was going through and hit my front right fender and cracked my headlight.  Neither of us were hurt, thank God.  His insurance said they would pay for the damage done to my vehicle.  Then the following week we were going to launch our new website at work. That meant longer hours at the office, which meant I got home late on Monday night and was TIRED.

cars

The good news though is that I have been writing every day thus far.  The not so good news is that I haven't reached 1667 words a day.  But you know what?  I'm not going to beat myself up over that.  I'm just pleased and relieved that words are being typed.  As for what I'm writing I don't know where the story is heading...yet.  A lot of what I incorporated into the story have to do with things I've contemplated and encountered in my life.

Whether some of the material will be used for a book or not remains to be seen.  As I mentioned before, I'm just glad to be writing again.

Nov2009

No comments:

Post a Comment