Thursday, September 2, 2010

Pink Sky

The evening was a harmonious fusion of pink.  Happy.  I drove home contented. 


My friend and I met for dinner after work at a taco/burrito establishment.  The music was loud, funky loud.  Too loud to discuss our day's events over steak and carnitas tacos.  I had the steak.  


Yum!  



Another view of these lovely tacos.
(Thank you, my sweet friend, for dinner!)


We found a spot on the patio underneath a ceiling fan.  It was still hot.  The fan stirred the warm humid air.  No relief.  My blouse clung to me, and I thought the backside of my skirt would be drenched.  But the crispy tacos were good!  All too soon they were gone.  It was a crazy day at work, a cross between the Twilight Zone and the Land of Oz.  I was glad it was done.  Before my friend and I parted finished our meal with frozen yogurt at a nearby corner shop.  When I got home, the sky blushed.  Or perhaps it was already blushing.






Love is a wonderfully unexplainable thing.  One can try to explain love--pare the exquisiteness of it's character down into a reduction of words.  I suppose there is legitimate need to explain it, to sing of it, to herald it.  If we can easily identify love, then I am sure we can also identity what it is not.  It is not love when you beat someone over the head while they are in a world of hurt.  Plain common sense and a little sensitivity could of advised a person to lay off and help.  Love, people, is not so much in the saying as it is in the doing.  Would you rather hear a sermon or see one in action?


I digress.  Pink sky.  That was yesterday.  Today it rained.  Finally.  It poured.  It was glorious.  I didn't even mind getting my feet wet from walking in the parking lot to my car.  The temperature dipped, and it was finally no longer hotter than hell.



No comments:

Post a Comment