Saturday, June 12, 2010

LOST...Tacos

Upon pondering what I should make for dinner I was reminded of a taco I recently had.  A black bean taco to be exact.  The tortilla was warm, thick and pillow-soft.  A layer of Mexican rice was topped by black beans and pico de gallo.  Such a simple combination of ingredients, but it was perfect.  The decision was then made.  


I stopped by the local grocery store on my way home from work to pick up the needed ingredients.


1 can black beans (with low sodium)
1 jar cheese sauce (for my tortilla chips)
1 bag of thin crispy tortilla chips
1 container of original feta cheese
3 limes (for a $1)
1 jar of chipotle corn salsa
1 box of Mexican rice
1 bottle of chili powder


I cooked the black beans with it's liquid in a small saucepan over medium low heat and added 1-2 teaspoons of cumin and chili powder.


At the same time I cooked the boxed Rice-a-Roni Mexican Rice.






While those items did their thing on the stove, I washed my tomato, diced it and set it aside.  I sliced up a couple of limes and heated my flour tortillas.




Within 15 minutes dinner was ready.  Within 25 minutes I sat down with my plate of tacos and chips, turned on my computer and resumed Episode 1 of LOST.




All images © 2010 Sriprae P. McDonald

No comments:

Post a Comment