Saturday, June 19, 2010

Brief Little Moments


I shopped for towels and found a lovely set of plush white ones.  
The temperature soared until it almost flew past 100 degrees.
Was it foolish to meander about, hopping from store to store?
(I really do need to invest in a sun visor for my car.)
As long as I was enjoying myself, I kept driving.

I stopped at the Main Street Bakery for an early dinner.
Bins of bread and bagels lined the left wall behind the counter.
Berry tarts, chocolate molded dessert and creamy cakes glistened in the glass display.
I knew what I wanted and waited patiently in line as two couples in front of me sampled this dessert and that to determine which ones they wanted.  
Ah, yes, they do serve Rose by the glass.  The chicken kind, the lady in line exclaimed.  
(The wine's label had a picture of a chicken.)

A couple behind me left the cafe because of the customers before me were take too much time.

Finally.

I ordered a cup of tomato basil soup and a chocolate croissant with a glass of Riesling.  

I chose a table next to the window and ate while watching pedestrians.  Main Street is quaint with a few shops that are truly gems.  The day was too hot to shop with comfort, and the cafe's AC could hardly be felt.  The cold Riesling was refreshing, a delightful contrast and compliment to the tomato basil soup.  The decadence lay with the chocolate croissant and it's buttery flakiness.  


After my meal I waited for my friend.  
Only a brief little encounter.
An exchange of greetings and a gift.
A moment of in the breeze under a shade tree.
A good-bye.
And I was on my way again.

No comments:

Post a Comment