Sunday, March 11, 2012

Phantom of the Opera

Last night on Great Performances, PBS aired Phantom of the Opera performed at the Royal Albert Hall.  

It was magnificent!

I've not yet had the opportunity to attend a live performance, but the one shown last night made me feel like I was there.  I sat on the sofa with my favorite throw wrapped around me and pillows propped beside me.  All the lights were turned off save the string of twinkle lights on my mantle.  I felt giddy.  In my DVD collection I own two copies of Phantom of the Opera the movie, the regular DVD and the extended version DVD.  I also have the soundtrack.  So, to see the performance in a theatre, especially at the Royal Albert Hall was a stupendous treat.

In this performance Sierra Boggess played Christine and Ramin Karimloo played The Phantom.  I loved Sierra's rendition of Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again.  It was so expressive.  Simply marvelous.  I almost shed a tear when The Phantom sang the line, "Christine, I love you."  

Bravo!




No comments:

Post a Comment