Monday, March 12, 2012

New Camera

Unexpected.  


I did not plan to purchase a new camera right away.


It just happened.


I had finished filing my taxes.  I was so drained I left the mess of papers in my office and went to the sofa to lay down thinking I could probably fall asleep for a nap.  Did not happen.  My mind was a buzz.  So I picked up a book I've been working on (though not diligently) to finish reading.  Wings of a Dove by Henry James.  Oh my.  I'm halfway in Book Second, meshed in the part where Kate had informed Densher that her aunt wanted to speak to him and he's trying to find out why things between her father and the family are so estranged only Kate couldn't provide him with a satisfactory answer because she doesn't know the details herself.  And then the inspiration hits me to go online and peruse make and model of digital cameras.  Within less than an hour I found one that I was intensely interested.  Although perhaps at the time I didn't realize how intensely interested I was until I arrived--that very afternoon--at the store and held the model in my hands.  I'll take it, I told the sales rep.  (Oh my gosh!  Did I just realize what I've done?)


I walked out of the store with my new purchase in the bag.  I returned home and read the users manual from start to finish--a thing I've never done before.  I was now ecstatic with my purchase.


Welcome home my Sony NEX-C3!


Lights
Books
Blanket

No comments:

Post a Comment