Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Missing



Someone took my mouse and replaced it with an ancient one.  Who would do such a thing?


As it turned out my boss knew who took my mouse and hid it.  He even knew the hiding place.  I then reciprocated the gesture on my prankster.  He won't be in the office until tomorrow.  

I got quite a bit done today; it was a quiet day, one without meetings.  My boss, however, was frazzled.  A last minute project got thrown into his lap.  He scrambled to get the pieces in place and almost finished when he had to take his wife to the hospital.  He called me and filled me in on what remained to be done.  For the last hour of the day I scrambled to complete the project.  Thankfully I had assistance from a guy in IT.  I truly appreciate people who know what they are doing.

My coworker who will be going to visit her son in the west coast emailed me a five page document on the care and feeding of her cat, Wally.  It was detailed, complete with vet's number and address and animal emergency room number and address.  Oh boy, what had I gotten myself into?  I told her I would look after her cat while she was away.  I was under the impression that all I had to do was over and feed him and play with him for a bit each day.  The cat has a schedule of when he eats and uses his litter.  I will be waking up early this weekend.  After work I stopped by her place and met Wally.  He is the pride and joy of his owner.  A British shorthair feline with smoky blue-gray fur.  He didn't let me pet him or approach him.  He came to me but only to rub against my leg twice and sniff my fingers.  

A friend of mine remarked this afternoon how she wished we could be going to Grace tonight for their wine tasting.  That would be fun; however, she has to work nights.  We're counting down the weeks, though, to when her nights will be free again.

I finally got home at 7 pm, having stopped at Albertson's on the way to pick up chips for lunch tomorrow and a bottle of moscato by Voga.  I turned on The X Factor and heard Joshua, the guy who throws together a burrito for a living.  He sang At Last...I'd like to listen to an album with his voice on it.

Today is my mother's birthday.  Happy Birthday, Mom!  I wish she was in town.  We could go all over the city and celebrate.



Project that I designed and completed yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment