Thursday, September 29, 2011

Decisions

I thought about this yesterday:

Anyone can hurt/get hurt, but not everyone climbs out of that hurt and move on with their lives.  I am aware that others have experienced more hurt than I have in my lifetime, and most usually my hurts pale in comparison to theirs.  Yet, I am amazed and in awe of those people who have the fortitude and strength of mind, emotion, to push past the pain.  That phrase is an interesting one: push past the pain.  It seems to indicate that there exists a place beyond the pain.  

It takes no effort on our part to feel sorry for ourselves.  What requires effort is looking beyond ourselves and getting over it.  My friend's one advice to me was: be happy.  We make the decisions for our lives.  I believe for the most part the life we live is a result of the choices we've made.

Today was a scorcher.  We hit the triple digits again.  Upon arriving at my desk I found that my mouse had been abducted once again.  This time a ransom sticky note was stuck to the replacement mouse; it read:

Do you have any cheese? (Signed) Albert the Mouse

Was Albert the replacement or my mouse?

I couldn't find my mouse anywhere in my office.  So I decided to endure.  Never negotiate with a mouse-napper.  That decision paid off, because a couple hours later the napper returned my mouse.

Speaking of mouse...

I visited Wally on my way home from work.  He didn't seem that surprised to see me.  He greeted me tentatively and then rubbed against my legs.  After feeling me out for a bit he allowed me to pet him, rub his back and scratch his ears.  When I fed him he didn't eat.  He was more interested in seeming nonchalant.  Even when I played Stevie Wonder's Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours and danced, he regarded me with a look of boredom.  I did finally managed to engage his interest with a toy consisting of a long stick with a long string and pom-pom thingy at the end.  I flicked that pom-pom and had his head moving side ways and up and down.



Wally
I received a packet from the Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra in the mail today.  Inside the packet were my season tickets!  (However, I am puzzled as I requested that the tickets be held at the box office.  Nevertheless...)  I am so excited!  "Life is BETTER with MUSIC."  Indeed, it is.



Bass Hall (courtesy of pegasusnews.com)


Oh happy day!  Tomorrow is Friday.  





No comments:

Post a Comment