Sunday, July 18, 2010

Tacos & Mosquitoes


Muggy summer evening.  I had been working on a project all last week and into the weekend.  It was exhilarating; however, I needed a break.  Sunday evening pounced too quickly, way too quickly.  Already it was almost 7 p.m. and streaks of orange and purples started to appear in the sky.  My friend called as I was right in the middle of wrapping up my online task.  Let's meet up before the weekend concludes.  How about dinner?  Neither of us wanted to venture anywhere far or fancy.  We decided on taco place nearby.


Why would I be blogging about dinner at a neighborhood taco place?  It was such a lovely evening, besides the fact that it was too warm.  A breeze did stir.  




The patio seating had palm trees and ambiance that lent itself to be someplace more tropical than just around the corner.  




Besides, the sun was setting and it looked serenely beautiful...even though cars drove past and a McDonald's was right next door.  




Yet, we were enjoying ourselves with a simple evening and a simple meal...until I got bitten.  I despise mosquitoes.  Within a few minutes of us sitting down one bit me on my wrist and another one on my knee.  We picked up our food and went inside.  So much for the great outdoors, we laughed as we ate our tacos.



No comments:

Post a Comment